The last Conference was held in on Australia’s Gold Coast just south of Brisbane. Here is the agenda.
The focus for the 2012 conference covered:
1. The FRMS Environment
- Regulator’s progress around the world
- a discussion around some ethical challenges in introducing and managing an FRMS
2. Operational Experences of implementing FRMS with presentations from:
- Cathay Pacific
- Virgin Australia
- Virgin Atlantic
- South African Airlines
3. Data Collection, Audit and Management
- Tactical roster management
- Application of subjective and objective data, Linking FDM data to fatigue events
- The cost of misaligned flight and duty times limitations
- Is your FRMS working?
- Introducing fatigue training to pilots
The Night Before
19:00 Cocktail Reception.
See hotel direction for confirmation of time and location. All delegate and partners welcome.
- General Welcome and Housekeeping Douglas Mellor
- Introduction Dr Curt Graeber
- Welcome from Sean Donohue, Chief Operating Office, Virgin Australia
09:30 Update on Regulation around the world – Kathyn Jones, UK CAA with Ian Banks and Bill Cox, CASA, and Michelle Millar, ICAO
10:30 – Coffee
11:00 The Cathay Pacific FRMS Experience – Glen Sycamore.
12:00 Cabin Crew Fatigue – a round-up of the progress to date. Jonathan Jasper of Virgin Atlantic.
14:00 Ethics within FRMS. Dr Barbara Stone, FRMSc Limited:
Discussion: Richard Yates (Chair), Curt Graeber, Greg Fallow IFALPA, Dr. Phillippa Gander, Massey University, NZ, Stuart Aggs, Virgin Australia.
15:30 The Virgin Australia FRMS Experience. Michael Chapman, Manager Aviation Safety and Skip Fulton, Safety & Quality Specialist
16:30 Tactical Roster Management Dr Adam Fletcher, Integrated Safety Support
19:00 Networking Dinner:
See directions at hotel for confirmation of location and timings. All delegates and partners welcome
09:00 Application of Objective and Subjective Data. Dr Barbara Stone, FRMSc Limited, Dr Robert Klein, Cargolux, Phillip Crossley, Virgin Atlantic
Presentations from Kevin Martin, Aerobytes; Stuart Cocks Flight Data Services;
Discussion and Questions: Moderator: Curt Graeber
10:30 Progress in FRMS at South African Airways; Wynand Serfontein of South African Airways
11:00 – Coffee
11:00 Introducing Fatigue Training to pilots at an early stage – a break out session. Moderator Richard Yates, Integrated Safety Support
11:45 Report back on Training ideas
13:30 Linking Commuter Airlines in to FRMS at Air New Zealand. Rachel Bailey ANZ
14:00 Is your FRMS is working? How to tell. A break-out session. Moderator: Richard Yates, Integrated Safety Support
15:30 Close of the FRMS Forum conference followed by Tea
16:00 FRMS Forum AGM