2019 Meeting San Francisco, California, USA
1st and 2nd October 2019
We are pleased to announce that the next FRMS Forum meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 5 Embarcadero Centre, San Francisco, CA 94111 USA. Telephone (415) 788 1234 on the 1st and 2nd October 2019.
Booking the conference package to cover venue hire, refreshments, lunches etc. (see below for the content) will be possible on registration, before the hotel website is automatically presented to registrants for securing accommodation at preferential rates, directly with the hotel. This means that registration and booking hotel rooms is a two-stage process.
Firstly, there will be a single charge made for the conference package that is payable to The FRMS Forum on registration for this event (in UK Pounds Sterling), and a separate charge (in US Dollars) made by the hotel directly for any rooms required. You will pay the hotel directly for the rooms booked and pay The FRMS Forum for the conference package. Please note the different currencies for each charge.
The price for each element are as follows:
- The price for the conference package is priced in UK Pounds Sterling at £555.00 payable to The FRMS Forum on registration for the event. Cancellation is acceptable up to 9th September 2019.
- The price for a room for the nights of 30th September and 1st October 2019 only at the hotel, including breakfast, for either one or two occupancy is priced in US Dollars (by booking directly with the hotel in San Francisco) at $299 net per night, plus taxes etc. ($348.59 in total). Accordingly, the charge for two nights will be $697.18. Additional rooms can be taken either side of the conference for the same price. Family rooms for 3 or 4 occupants are also available with a small additional charge (see below). Cancellation is acceptable up to 9th September 2019.
Should you wish to stay for the night of 2nd October, the price is a little higher at $407 (including taxes).
Please book this night as soon as possible as the hotel will only maintain this price until 10th June 2019.
After that please expect the price of this night only to rise. All inquiries about hotel rooms should be directed to the hotel mentioning our conference. You can contact them on +1 415 788 1234 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hyatt Regency Hotel is well situated just opposite the Ferry Building on the waterfront, a few minutes’ walk from the popular Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf.
San Francisco’s cable cars are world renowned and the California line terminus is situated just outside the front door of the hotel, next to the Embarcadero Bay Area Rapid Transport (BART) station. Delegates can use the BART rail system to travel to the hotel directly from the airport. See the useful BART app here
The draft agenda for the event can be found here. It is proposed that it will cover the sharing of experiences in managing fatigue and implementing FRMS in commercial airline transportation covering both pilots and cabin crew. Experiences and hurdles to overcome in managing fatigue in air taxis and emergency medical operations will also be explored and both regulators and unions will be presenting developments in fatigue management from their perspectives.
Experts responsible for managing fatigue from across the world will be invited to share their hands-on experiences and knowledge through a mix of presentations, panel sessions and popular networking events at the welcoming cocktail party and networking dinner.
The Hyatt hotel has graciously offered to host this event at their spacious 5* hotel. A limited number of rooms have been reserved at a deep discount to their normal, advertised tariff and you are encouraged to book early through their website as demand is expected to be strong. If room demand exceeds supply, overflow hotels will be arranged, as there will be no further rooms available at The Hyatt; but not necessarily at the same advantageous price as those secured and advertised here.
We have managed to negotiate upgrades from standard to executive rooms for our event in anticipation that delegates may wish to accompany their spouses and take a few additional days to enjoy the amenities of the city. Accordingly, the hotel will offer to extend a few rooms with additional days either side of our event at the same room rate of $299 plus taxes ($348.59 inclusive).
A few suggestions on sight seeing
A personal set of reliable, favourite pastimes when visiting The City include:
- A trip across the Bay to Vallejo by boat. Inexpensive (<$10 each way) tickets are available for this public service boat journey at the Ferry building (opposite the hotel) ticket office near to the central entrance point (turn right on entering the building and it’s on the right). Many people who work in San Francisco find it is rather expensive to live in the city so they commute in from Vallejo. The journey is an hour each way and the ferry journey is a very good way to see the famous Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz and looking towards San Francisco, the skyline of the city.
- A similar trip from the Ferry Building to Sausalito is enjoyable. Not so far away as Vallejo, Sausalito is a kind of quaint village on the shores of the Bay with the usual range of bars, restaurants and touristy retail opportunities. A number of the captains of San Francisco industry reside there.
- A trip on the Cable Cars to Union Square from California Street https://www.sfcablecar.com/. From memory, tickets are about $7 for “a journey” i.e. between climbing aboard and dismounting, even if that is only to change cars. Of course the biggest queues to ride the cars are at the terminals so if the queue is rather long, it’s best to walk up the line a couple of stops and then board a car. The California line is a little less popular that the rest of the lines (smaller queues) and the terminus is right at the front door of the hotel.
- A City tour. These are very poplar and a number of bus companies run them. The Big Bus tour operator has a hop on-hop off service that takes in all the sights including time on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. The tour crosses the bridge in both directions. There is bound to be a stop at The Ferry Building.
- The Wine country. Green Hills Tours provide personalised, small group (up to 7 or 9 people max) tours of both The City (price compares reasonably well with The Big Bus tour) and The Wine Country to the north of San Francisco (1-hour drive). Their tour to the fine wine makers in Sonoma Valley is highly recommended. Mention The FRMS Forum to Amber Young when you book and she will endeavour to create a tour with other Forum delegates who are inclined to use her services.
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the California Academy of Sciences are worth a visit too.
Registration for the event is open now through the members area. Each delegate should register to attend. Log in to your account and complete the conference registration form. Please note: you will need an active membership to attend this event.
If your membership has lapsed you may still be able to log into the website and renew your membership. If you are new to the FRMS Forum, please go to the Join Us page where you can join and be provided with access details to the members area. Contact us or email us at email@example.com if you experience any difficulty with renewing your membership.
The event will take place between 19:00 and 21:00 in the reception area where there is suitable accommodation. The Cocktail Party is sponsored by The FRMS Forum and all delegates are asked to register to collect your badges at the registration table in order to gain entry to the event and be served.
The popular networking dinner gives all delegates lots of opportunity to interact with other delegates and form the important personal bonds that members find so useful. The cost of the dinner is included in the conference package along with provision of conferencing facilities, refreshments during breaks and lunches. Charges for an additional dinner will be made for spouses automatically in UK Pounds Sterling £60 and this can be secured when making the booking. If you wish to add your partner to the dinner event after you have booked your place, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to book them in. If you cannot fathom how it all works, email us at email@example.com.
The 2019 FRMS Forum Conference – Cost and Booking procedure
The arrangements we have with the hotel mean that we can provide a complete package covering both days of the conference. This comprises of 2 nights in the hotel at a cost of US Dollars $299 ex taxes per night (total $348.59 per night) and a single payment of UK Pounds Sterling £555 for the conference package.
The conference package contains lunches on both days, refreshments during all breaks, the networking dinner on 1st October and use of their conference facilities and audio-visual equipment.
This price is very competitive, even for San Francisco, when compared with other conferences. It is particularly good for such a good, well positioned hotel in such an attractive destination as San Francisco. We trust delegate will take advantage of it and consider the advantages of bringing partners/family along to enjoy the City amenities around and beyond the Forum event.
If you wish to attend our event, please log in to your account on this website and then click on the registration link there. This will take you to the registration page where you can register your place and also take the conference package priced at a single payment of UK Pounds Sterling £555 for both days before booking our hotel room directly with the hotel at US dollars $299 per night plus taxes. ($348.59 inclusive, per night).
Please note: you will need an active membership to attend this event.
This price includes:
- Provision of conference facilities and audio-visual equipment
- Refreshment during breaks on both days
- Lunch on both days
After making the payment for the conference, a link will be provided for delegates to reserve their room requirements. The hotel room price includes
- Access to fitness centre
- Wi-fi in every room
- Membership of the Regency club for breakfast and complementary happy hour drinks (see hotel website)
Accordingly, the process for registration is to reserve and pay for your conference package to the FRMS Forum before following a link provided in the subsequent acknowledgement email provided, after your reservation, to a special place on the hotel website where your accommodation requirements will be taken at the discounted price of $299 plus taxes. Remember that you can extend your stay at the same discounted prices if required, but rooms at this price are limited so PLEASE BOOK EARLY using the link at the foot of this page to avoid disappointment. The hotel will accept cancellations up to 7 days prior to the start of your booked stay with them. The hotel will also accept bookings for days either side of the conference at the same low rate, should you wish to arrive early and/or stay on for a few days after the event.
Cancellation Policy for conference fees
A full refund will be provided by FRMS Forum in the event of cancellation up to 23:59 on 23rd September 2019. After that date, no refund is possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request cancellation of attendance and refund of conference fees only.
For hotel refund policy, no refund possible after 23:59 on 9th September. In case of the need for cancellation, please contact the hotel directly.
Hotel room charges
These will be $299 plus taxes and service charges, for single or double occupation, bringing the total to $348.59 inclusive. Triple and Quad occupation will cost a little more at $324 and $349 inclusive of taxes etc.