2019 Meeting San Francisco, California, USA
1st and 2nd October 2019
We are pleased to announce that the next FRMS Forum meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 5 Embarcadero Centre, San Francisco, CA 94111 USA. Telephone (415) 788 1234 on the 1st and 2nd October 2019.
Registration has now closed for the meeting so no further registrations can be accepted
The Hyatt Regency Hotel is well situated just opposite the Ferry Building on the waterfront, a few minutes walk from the popular Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf.
San Francisco’s cable cars are world renowned and the California line terminus is situated just outside the front door of the hotel, next to the Embarcadero Bay Area Rapid Transport (BART) station. Delegates can use the BART rail system to travel to the hotel directly from the airport. See the useful BART app here
The draft agenda for the event can be found here. It is proposed that it will cover the sharing of experiences in managing fatigue and implementing FRMS in commercial airline transportation covering both pilots and cabin crew. Experiences and hurdles to overcome in managing fatigue in air taxis and emergency medical operations will also be explored and both regulators and unions will be presenting developments in fatigue management from their perspectives.
Experts responsible for managing fatigue from across the world will be invited to share their hands-on experiences and knowledge through a mix of presentations, panel sessions and popular networking events at the welcoming cocktail party and networking dinner.
A few suggestions on sight seeing
A personal set of reliable, favourite pastimes when visiting The City include:
- A trip across the Bay to Vallejo by boat. Inexpensive (<$10 each way) tickets are available for this public service boat journey at the Ferry building (opposite the hotel) ticket office near to the central entrance point (turn right on entering the building and it’s on the right). Many people who work in San Francisco find it is rather expensive to live in the city so they commute in from Vallejo. The journey is an hour each way and the ferry journey is a very good way to see the famous Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz and looking towards San Francisco, the skyline of the city.
- A similar trip from the Ferry Building to Sausalito is enjoyable. Not so far away as Vallejo, Sausalito is a kind of quaint village on the shores of the Bay with the usual range of bars, restaurants and touristy retail opportunities. A number of the captains of San Francisco industry reside there.
- A trip on the Cable Cars to Union Square from California Street https://www.sfcablecar.com/. From memory, tickets are about $7 for “a journey” i.e. between climbing aboard and dismounting, even if that is only to change cars. Of course the biggest queues to ride the cars are at the terminals so if the queue is rather long, it’s best to walk up the line a couple of stops and then board a car. The California line is a little less popular that the rest of the lines (smaller queues) and the terminus is right at the front door of the hotel.
- A City tour. These are very poplar and a number of bus companies run them. The Big Bus tour operator has a hop on-hop off service that takes in all the sights including time on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. The tour crosses the bridge in both directions. There is bound to be a stop at The Ferry Building.
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the California Academy of Sciences are worth a visit too.
The event will take place between 18:30 and 20:30 in the reception area where there is suitable accommodation. The Cocktail Party is sponsored by The FRMS Forum and all delegates are asked to register to collect your badges at the registration table in order to gain entry to the event and be served.
The popular networking dinner gives all delegates lots of opportunity to interact with other delegates and form the important personal bonds that members find so useful. The cost of the dinner is included in the conference package along with provision of conferencing facilities, refreshments during breaks and lunches. Charges for an additional dinner will be made for spouses automatically in US Dollars $90 and this can be secured when making the booking. If you wish to add your partner to the dinner event after you have booked your place, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to book them in. If you cannot fathom how it all works, email us at email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy for conference fees
A full refund will be provided by FRMS Forum in the event of cancellation up to 23:59 on 23rd September 2019. After that date, no refund is possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request cancellation of attendance and refund of conference fees only.
For hotel refund policy, no refund possible after 23:59 on 9th September. In case of the need for cancellation, please contact the hotel directly.
Hotel room charges
These will be $299 plus taxes and service charges, for single or double occupation, bringing the total to $348.59 inclusive. Triple and Quad occupation will cost a little more at $324 and $349 inclusive of taxes etc.