2019 Meeting San Francisco, California, USA
1st and 2nd October 2019
We are pleased to announce that the next FRMS Forum meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 5 Embarcadero Centre, San Francisco, CA 94111 USA. Telephone (415) 788 1234 on the 1st and 2nd October 2019.
There will be a single charge for the conference package that is payable to The FRMS Forum on booking your place at this event, and a separate charge made by the hotel for any rooms required. You will pay the hotel directly for the rooms booked.
- The price for the conference package is $1395.00 all inclusive, payable to The FRMS Forum on registration for the event. Cancellation is acceptable up to 9th September 2019.
- The price for a room for the night at the hotel, including breakfast, for either one or two occupancy is $299 net per night, plus taxes etc. ($348.59 gross – including all additional charges). Additional rooms can be taken either side of the conference for the same price. Family rooms for 3 or 4 occupants are also available with a small additional charge (see below). Cancellation is acceptable up to 9th September 2019.
The Hyatt Regency Hotel is well situated just opposite the Ferry Building on the waterfront, a few minutes’ walk from the popular Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf.
San Francisco’s cable cars are world renowned and the California line terminus is situated just outside the front door of the hotel, next to the Embarcadero Bay Area Rapid Transport (BART) station. Delegates can use the BART rail system to travel to the hotel directly from the airport. See the useful BART app here
The agenda for the event is under construction and will be posted with a link on this page when it is agreed and complete. It is proposed that it will cover the sharing of experiences in managing fatigue and implementing FRMS in commercial airline transportation covering both pilots and cabin crew. Experiences and hurdles to overcome in managing fatigue in air taxis and emergency medical operations will also be explored and both regulators and unions will be presenting developments in fatigue management from their perspectives.
Experts responsible for managing fatigue from across the world will be invited to share their hands-on experiences and knowledge through a mix of presentations, panel sessions and popular networking events at the welcoming cocktail party and networking dinner.
The Hyatt hotel has graciously offered to host this event at their spacious 5* hotel. A limited number of rooms have been reserved at a deep discount to their normal, advertised tariff and you are encouraged to book early through their website as demand is expected to be strong. If room demand exceeds supply, overflow hotels will be arranged, as there will be no further rooms available at The Hyatt, but not necessarily at the same advantageous price.
We have managed to negotiate upgrades from standard to executive rooms for our event in anticipation that delegates may wish to accompany their spouses and take a few additional days to enjoy the amenities of the city. Accordingly, the hotel will offer to extend a few rooms with additional days either side of our event at the same room rate of $299 plus taxes ($348.59 inclusive).
A few suggestions on sight seeing
A personal set of reliable, favourite pastimes when visiting The City include:
- A trip across the Bay to Vallejo by boat. Inexpensive (<$10 each way) tickets are available for this public service boat journey at the Ferry building (opposite the hotel) ticket office near to the central entrance point (turn right on entering the building and it’s on the right). Many people who work in San Francisco find it is rather expensive to live in the city so they commute in from Vallejo. The journey is an hour each way and the ferry journey is a very good way to see the famous Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz and looking towards San Francisco, the skyline of the city.
- A similar trip from the Ferry Building to Sausalito is enjoyable. Not so far away as Vallejo, Sausalito is a kind of quaint village on the shores of the Bay with the usual range of bars, restaurants and touristy retail opportunities. A number of the captains of San Francisco industry reside there.
- A trip on the Cable Cars to Union Square from California Street https://www.sfcablecar.com/. From memory, tickets are about $7 for “a journey” i.e. between climbing aboard and dismounting, even if that is only to change cars. Of course the biggest queues to ride the cars are at the terminals so if the queue is rather long, it’s best to walk up the line a couple of stops and then board a car. The California line is a little less popular that the rest of the lines (smaller queues) and the terminus is right at the front door of the hotel.
- A City tour. These are very poplar and a number of bus companies run them. The Big Bus tour operator has a hop on-hop off service that takes in all the sights including time on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. The tour crosses the bridge in both directions. There is bound to be a stop at The Ferry Building.
- The Wine country. Green Hills Tours provide personalised, small group (up to 7 or 9 people max) tours of both The City (price compares reasonably well with The Big Bus tour) and The Wine Country to the north of San Francisco (1-hour drive). Their tour to the fine wine makers in Sonoma Valley is highly recommended. Mention The FRMS Forum to Amber Young when you book and she will endeavour to create a tour with other Forum delegates who are inclined to use her services.
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the California Academy of Sciences are worth a visit too.
Registration for the event is open now through the members area. Each delegate should register to attend. Log in to your account and complete the conference registration form. Please note: you will need an active membership to attend this event.
If your membership has lapsed you may still be able to log into the website and renew your membership. If you are new to the FRMS Forum, please go to the Join Us page where you can join and be provided with access details to the members area. Contact us or email us at email@example.com if you experience any difficulty with renewing your membership.
The event will take place between 19:00 and 21:00 in the reception area where there is suitable accommodation. The Cocktail Party is sponsored by The FRMS Forum and all delegates are asked to register to collect your badges at the registration table in order to gain entry to the event and be served.
The popular networking dinner gives all delegates lots of opportunity to interact with other delegates and form the important personal bonds that members find so useful. The cost of the dinner is included in the conference package along with provision of conferencing facilities, refreshments during breaks and lunches. Charges for an additional dinner will be made for spouses automatically at $175 on booking. If you wish to add your partner to the dinner event after booking, please simply use the option to “add a dinner” on the booking page whenever your partner decides to join you. If you cannot fathom how it all works, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 FRMS Forum Conference – Cost and Booking procedure
The arrangements we have with the hotel mean that we can provide a complete package totaling $1395.00 per person covering both days of the conference i.e. $697.50 a day, all in. for the two days of the conference. The accommodation is charged separately by the hotel
The conference package contains lunches on both days, refreshments during all breaks, the networking dinner on 1st October and use of their conference facilities and audio-visual equipment.
This price is very competitive, even for San Francisco, when compared with other conferences. It is particularly good for such a good, well positioned hotel in such an attractive destination as San Francisco. We trust delegate will take advantage of it and consider the advantages of bringing partners/family along to enjoy the City amenities around and beyond the Forum event.
If you wish to attend our event, please log in to your account on this website and then click on the registration link there. This will take you to the registration page where you can register your place and also take the conference package priced at a single payment of $1395.00 for both days.
Please note: you will need an active membership to attend this event.
This price includes:
- Provision of conference facilities and audio-visual equipment
- Refreshment during breaks on both days
- Lunch on both days
After making the payment for the conference, a link will be provided for delegates to reserve their room requirements at a cost of $299 plus taxes ($348.59 inclusive). The hotel room price includes
- Access to fitness centre
- Wi-fi in every room
- Membership of the Regency club for breakfast and complementary happy hour drinks (see hotel website)
Accordingly, the process for registration is to reserve and pay for your conference package to the FRMS Forum before following a link provided in the subsequent acknowledgement email provided, after your reservation, to a special place on the hotel website where your accommodation requirements will be taken at the discounted price of $299 plus taxes. Remember that you can extend your stay at the same discounted prices if required, but rooms at this price are limited so PLEASE BOOK EARLY using the link at the foot of this page to avoid disappointment. The hotel will accept cancellations up to 7 days prior to the start of your booked stay with them. The hotel will also accept bookings for days either side of the conference at the same low rate, should you wish to arrive early and/or stay on for a few days after the event.
Cancellation Policy for conference fees
A full refund will be provided by FRMS Forum in the event of cancellation up to 23:59 on 23rd September 2019. After that date, no refund is possible. Please email email@example.com to request cancellation of attendance and refund of conference fees only.
For hotel refund policy, no refund possible after 23:59 on 9th September. In case of the need for cancellation, please contact the hotel directly.
Hotel room charges
These will be $299 plus taxes and service charges, for single or double occupation, bringing the total to $348.59 inclusive. Triple and Quad occupation will cost a little more at $324 and $349 inclusive of taxes etc.